Below are some of our most frequently asked questions.
If you have other questions or concerns not addressed here, please contact us at (508) 505-7978.
Professional Organizers help individuals and businesses take control of their surroundings, their time, their paper, and their systems for a lifetime.
Affordable Organization offers hands-on organizing services to help clients find the perfect organizational fix in their home and office. We set up the right systems to maximize efficiency that are customized to the way you function in your space. We recommend the products that will help get you there and also work with what you already have. We will even purchase the products and bring them to your home, handling every aspect of the job from start to finish.
I can do the physical work for you (and bring you in as needed), or we can work together throughout your project. Projects typically include de-cluttering, sorting piles, downsizing, removing, tidying, organizing and re-designing closets and rooms. If you are getting ready for a move, or relocating seniors, I will guide you through the entire organizing process. I also leave you with the proper skills so that you can maintain our work.
If you find after the job is completed that you’d like regular touch-up help, I do have this option available for past clients. Most important though, whether we work for days at a time or gradually over weeks, be assured that your needs will be met with relative ease and comfort. I realize that everyone is different so I will customize my strategy to fit your unique needs.
We work with people who are too busy to organize themselves. Our clients are usually high achievers who understand the value of living in an organized space but don’t have the bandwidth to do it all themselves. Our clients range from busy professionals working 80 hours a week to even busier stay-at-home-moms trying to run a household and still find a few precious moments to watch their children grow up. Anyone who looks like they “do it all” might be a client of ours. We are their secret weapon for keeping things in good order. We don’t work with hoarders, but if you suspect you might be challenged by that issue, then we can refer you to great specialist organizers.
Absolutely! Check out our Client Testimonials on the side bar of our website or on Angie’s List. Also feel free to email or call us to get contact info for our previous clients if you need more.
That’s fine. You can give us direction and do your thing while we do ours. We will call you in when there are decisions about your possessions that only you can make, such as, memorabilia, certain paper work, and items we cannot identify or that don’t fit in with any other categories. If you choose to not be part of the process, meaning that you are not present while we work, then there may be a few unsorted piles of items left and labeled for your disposition when we are done.
The result we hope to achieve for you is a reduced level of stress and increased productivity and enjoyment of your space. Even for huge jobs, our clients all report feeling a sense of relief after their first three-hour session and they are always surprised by how much we accomplish in such a short amount of time.
That depends, your space can be transformed to that level as long as we have sufficient time and the right materials. We will never leave you with a mess or unfinished job unless, for some unanticipated reason, you ask us to stop and leave the space in less-than-ideal condition.
My job is to help you make decisions about what you want and need in your space. I will never discard anything, nor will I force you to give up anything that is important to you!
No, it’s not necessary or desirable for you to purchase anything before I come for the Consultation. We need to evaluate your storage needs before buying any organizing supplies. I’ve found that many clients have most of the storage containers, office supplies and filing supplies they need already in their space, so we can re-purpose much of what you currently own to save you money.
More information on supplies is available on the Services page of the website.
The first step is a free 15-20 minute phone conversation where we discuss your project. Then we will set up an initial one-hour in-home or in-office consultation, when I will assess your needs and we will create a plan of action. I will tour your space and ask many questions about your organizing needs and expectations. This will help me determine how I can help. Organizing is very personal and it is important that you feel comfortable. At the end of the consultation I will present the Work Session package options and recommend the one I feel is right for your needs. Once a package is selected, we will schedule our first working session and get the project started together.
Please don’t! I need to see exactly how you function in your space so I can get a realistic picture of what needs to be done. Never worry that I will judge you or your spaces. My desire is to serve my clients with compassion, honesty, and with a sense of humor.
Every project is different, with unique issues and challenges. We work together in 3-hour organizing Work Sessions. You may choose to tackle some tasks on your own between sessions. Whatever you choose, my goal is to help you achieve a fully functional and organized space.
In general, it is good to book at least a week or two ahead. Sometimes we have immediate openings and can fit you in right away, but it depends on how busy we are at the time. We always try to accommodate your needs.
Yes, I am insured by Butler & Messier, Inc. of Pawtucket, RI. Feel free to contact them for confirmation at any time by calling 401-728-3200.
Yes, gift certificates are available but only with the full cooperation of the intended recipient. They need to see the value of becoming organized for themselves, and be willing to put the time and effort in to the organizing process.
Even though I am able to work alone, it is important for me to confer with my clients to determine their needs to create the space that functions for them. I require that the actual person whose space I will transform signs a consent form if they are not the billing party for my work.
Yes, Affordable Organization can help you organize and pack your belongings before or after your move has occurred. We specialize in setting up homes so they function smoothly for families after a move.
Of course we can help! Affordable Organization has worked with several disabled people with entirely different types of limitations. We are prepared to do everything we can to help you through this process.
- We will be as flexible as possible with scheduling as we understand that you may have certain restrictions due to your disability.
- We will always go at your pace! We understand that this is oftentimes an emotional process; but remember, we are here for you on this journey. Our main goal is to make the process as easy and comfortable as possible and to leave you with a tidy, organized home.
- We will create systems that will work for you, so that you won’t get discouraged or overwhelmed when trying to maintain your newly organized space.
- We will be your “arms & legs”, let us do the heavy lifting for you. As long as you can sit comfortably, we will (with your permission of course) go through every nook and cranny of your space and bring the items to you to go through the decision making process.
- Get rid of all trash and debris & arrange for storage and/or disposal of large items (i.e. dumpster, storage unit, haul-away company etc.) if necessary, additional fees may apply.
- Move furniture, put together new storage items, etc. as needed (additional fees may apply)
- Drop off donations and provide the receipt
- Shop for any supplies needed for the project at local stores or online as needed (additional fees may apply)
- Storage solutions (The Container Store, Target)
- Office/filing/labeling supplies (Staples)
- Miscellaneous goods (Marshalls, Bed, Bath, & Beyond, Amazon)
- Leave your home/business as clean and tidy as possible at the end of each visit. We understand that leaving out items like bins might be necessary for a short time, but we will make sure to leave them stored in such a way that won’t affect your ability to move around your space.
- Tailor the process to your needs/disabilities so as to minimize any possible negative effect on your health and wellbeing. If you are ever uncomfortable or need a break, just speak up! Let us know how we can better help you!